Merz Social Media Privacy Notice
Merz Social Media Privacy Notice
This Notice describes the information we process when you engage with Merz on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and Vimeo. For more information about the privacy practices of the social media providers themselves you should review the privacy notices for each social media platform.
What kind of information do we collect?
To engage with you on social media in a way that is relevant to you, we process information about you that is known as “personal data.” The types of information we collect depend on how you engage with us and on which social media platform.
Things you and others do and provide.
We collect the content you provide when you post or engage with Merz (e.g., clicking “like” or another emoticon or leave a comment) on social media. This can include metadata such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. If you post information about yourself on social media, Merz may collect, store and analyze such data, including:
- Your full name
- Your life events, such as birthdays, weddings, and graduation
- Your preferences, political beliefs, interests and opinions
- Your purchasing habits
- Your home and work location
- Your social status, such as whether you are married, divorced or have children or siblings
- Your age, gender, sexual orientation race, religion, preferred language or other ethnographic and demographic information
- Your connections, friends, acquaintances, and group membership
- Hashtags you use and virtual groups you to which you belong
- Your health, aesthetic treatment history or interest in aesthetic treatments
- Your personal opinions about Merz products
- Your biometric data, photographs and other images or videos you post
- Your feedback or complaints about Merz products
Some of this information may be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
Does this information influence the ads or the content that I see?
Yes. It does. We use your personal data to provide you with more relevant, personalized content and advertising. Online behavioral advertising enables us to provide relevant and useful ads to you based on your expressed preferences collected as you react and interact with content on social media. You may learn more about online behavioral advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers. The personal data that we collect from you as described above may be used to predict your interest in future ads related to those interests.
We may share your personal data among the Merz family of companies. This may involve the transfer of personal information to other locations outside your home country to other Merz companies in different locations around the world (including Germany, United States, Switzerland, Singapore, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Malaysia, India, Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Indonesia). Merz complies with all national information transfer laws.
Many social media channels will allow you to opt-out of online behavioral advertising by adjusting your account settings. Different sites do this in different ways. We encourage you to review the privacy notices and privacy settings for each social media channel in which you engage.
If you have questions about this notice, please contact the Merz Privacy Officer(s) at the following email addresses:-